Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, the Forklift Operator will co-ordinate the movements of Royal Wolf stock within the Customer Service Centre in order to deliver ‘First Choice’ containerised product solutions to our valuable customers.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Operating the forklift to transport RWT shipping container stock to required locations throughout the depot.
- Stacking of containers and daily review of container placement to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
- Maintaining the yards cleanliness.
- Daily checks on the forklifts, basic maintenance and servicing.
- Assisting when required with container cleaning, container surveying, depot maintenance as well as repair tasks and transport control.
The successful candidate will have:
- A “safety first” mindset.
- Shipping container handling experience is essential.
- Experience operating Container Reach Stacker and/or Container Side Picker is essential
- A current LF class licence to perform high risk work.
- Extensive experience operating forklifts with loads up to 12 ton including top lift forklifts.
- Numeracy, literacy and intermediate computing skills.
- Experience with hand tools.
- A positive attitude and a great personality.
Why join the Wolf Pack?
Royal Wolf, as a part of United Rentals, offers a range of employee benefits including a competitive salary, annual bonus, a supportive learning and development culture and a wide range of opportunities to assist you in achieving your career aspirations. Other benefits include:
- $4000 annual incentive, based on company's performance
- Financial assistance for study – Royal Wolf provides financial assistance and support to those who aspire to undertake formal education
- Employee & Family Assistance Program - free financial, emotional counselling and wide range of resources
- Blinkist subscription - an app that allows you to read or listen to key insights from nonfiction books and podcasts in 15 minutes
- Employee Compassion Fund – an employee-funded charity that provides financial assistance to fellow employees in need
- Employee Resource Groups – a commitment to a diverse, inclusive, and socially active workplace